Hi-de-hi Campers – the 2018 season is well and truly underway and we are very pleased to be welcoming new and returning guests back to our little slice of heaven. Now to be fair, it didn’t look that heavenly over Easter – the wild, wet weather left us battered and bruised; our immaculate site we had spent months getting ready to open ended up a bit muddy and wet in places – but it seems the whole country has braved the terrible winter weather and everyone, everywhere has suffered, it has been a long winter. Hats off the the hardy caravan and campers who braved heavy rain and winds on Easter Monday.
The second week of Easter things took a turn for the better and we were lucky to have the best of the weather – glorious sunshine even brought out some tents who enjoyed long lazy days on the beach and adventures to the nearby gardens of Heligan and Eden. And, if the weather lady is to be believed things are on the up a bit more with a heat wave, according to Richard, that starts at 4pm today (for his sake, I hope he is right)!
So with sun on the way, and a little air of optimism helped by the blossoming trees, budding plants and the glimmer of what is yet to come we thought we would launch our annual ‘Locals Offer’. We do this offer to encourage local people to enjoy what is on their doorstep, and, more importantly to encourage families back out camping perhaps those who have not been since having children or who are worried about how much stuff you will need. Come to us, give it a try and let the family enjoy the wonderful world of camping.
‘Buy one night get one free*’ if you live in Cornwall
Simple as that. To book please give us a call on 01726 843687
So with such a fab offer here are out Top 5 Low cost things to do:
- Come and stay at Little Winnick taking advantage of our Locals Offer.
- Visit Mevagissey Museum – a hidden gem of local fascinations and facts. It is free, donations are welcome.
- Do 2 Minute Beach Clean – we are all very conscious about plastic at the moment, so why not do your bit, spend 2 minutes collecting any litter or rubbish you see on the beach – not only will you be doing your bit, it will make you feel good too.
- Visit Caerhays Beach, parking is free until May and dogs are welcome. This is one of our favourite places to go and sit and watch the tide.
- Walk the trail down from Little Winnick to Pentewan – all off road, pushchair and bike friendly. We do it regularly and the girls love it on their bikes. The ford half way along is a good stop for a break and splashing around in and the promise of a ice cream from Little Bay Cafe normally makes them get there quicker!
It is so good to be back open. I have said it before, Little Winnick feels like a lost soul when everyone goes for the winter. The site is blossoming again as the trees come into leaf, the caravans, motorhomes, campervans and even the odd tent come out to enjoy Cornwall. We very much look forward to welcoming you all throughout what we hope will be a warm and long summer.
Heidi, Richard & the girls x
*Terms and conditions
- Bookings need to be made in advance by calling us on 01726 843687. We can not make bookings on any form of social media.
- Open to anyone with a Cornwall address.
- Offer is a standard pitch (two adults), any extra people will be charged at the normal per person rate.
- You can extend your stay, but will be charged at the normal rate.
- Only valid for stays between 22 April – Thursday 24th May