Wowser – Bank Holiday no. 2 was yet another scorcher – what a weekend. Bethany and I had a night here in ‘Calamity the Campervan’ on the Friday and I must say, even though we are here everyday it was lush. Utterly relaxing, watching the bright stars and enjoying a rare drink with dear friends and their children catching up on each others lives – and I have to admit – I did take a minute to ask ‘does it get better than this?’ Wherever you enjoyed the long weekend we hope you had as much fun as we did along with the other camper.
Here at Little Winnick we had the ‘full sign’ out early this year, breaking all our previous records we were so pleased to be full over the weekend. The campsite had the loveliest vibe to it, lots of family groups relaxing, cooking and eating together.
How on earth are we at June already? June is without doubt my favourite month here at Little Winnick. It is usually rather nice weather and the Cornish gardens are at their best with high humidity and warm temperatures giving the jungle gardens their names. What’s more we offer guests 7 nights for the price of 6 so you can make the most of the quieter and often warmer June.
Our top 5 things in June
- Visit the Royal Cornwall Show – a real showcase of the best Cornwall has to offer.
- Take the Mevagissey to Fowey Ferry – surely one of the best boat rides off the Cornish coast?
- As the sea temperatures rise why not try your hand at kayaking or stand up paddle boarding – we even heard a rumour there are dolphins in the bay. Cornwall Watersports just down the road have everything you need to hire.
- Take a stroll down the trail. With the pub and beach just 20 minutes away it is a great way to build up an appetite.
- Pop over to the north coast, park in the National Trust car park at Holywell Bay and enjoy the utter stunning sand dunes.