With Father’s Day just around the corner and my Dad coming to stay for not only Father’s Day but also his birthday (that’s going to cost me!) I have been thinking a lot about Dad’s. Richard and I are pretty lucky to both have amazing Dad’s; one near by and one in Norfolk. Both of whom in their unique ways have helped us get to where we are and become who we are. And I have to say (he doesn’t know I am writing this) I am consider Richard to be an awesome Dad to our three girls. Even after a sleepless night and a long day at work he still has the energy and love to listen patiently, encourage whatever play is being put on, run races in the garden and offer that special love that only Dad’s can. I am always touched when we get chatting to people in reception – Dad’s are always the proudest people. They ooze of stories and fond memories of their children young and old.
So with all this ‘Dad Love’ in the air, here are 5 things do do with Dad:
- Book into stay over the weekend of the 18th June here at Little Winnick and we give any dad’s in your booking free entry into The Lost Gardens of Heligan.
- Take them out for a good hearty breakfast at Griggs – their full English is pretty good.
- Treat them to a tour of St Austell Brewery with a little bit of sampling at the end – make sure you book to avoid disappointment
- Catch the bus from Little Winnick into Mevagissey and buy him fish and chips for tea, enjoy on one of the benches over looking the harbour. As the evenings get lighter this is one of our favourite ways to enjoy the long, lush, Cornish summer. Got to be washed down with a can of Vinto!
- Treat them to Sunday Roast at the Longstore – the best roast around.
Here’s to all you Dad’s out there. Thanks Dad’s for being you.
For more information of our family holiday camping in St Austell please give us a call on 01726 843687 or email firstname.lastname@example.org