Frequently Asked Questions
How big are the pitches?
All pitches are 8×8 metres. If you are bringing a big unit with you please give us a call and we will see which is the best pitch for you.
How far is Little Winnick from the beach?
The beach is 2 minutes away by car or a 30 minute walk on the cycle trail accessed from Little Winnick.
How far is the nearest pub?
The nearest pub is in Pentewan – which is a 30 minute walk away along the cycle trail. The Polgooth Inn is a short drive away, and a favourite with locals.
Do you accept dogs?
We permit three dogs per pitch. Dogs must be kept on the lead at all times whilst on site.
Where is the nearest dog friendly beach?
Caerhays is the nearest dog friendly beach. Please note, our nearest beach Pentewan is not dog friendly in the summer.
How far away are the major offsite attractions?
The Lost Gardens of Heligan and Eden are both a short car journey away.
Do you sell discounted tickets for Heligan and Eden?
Yes we do, they are available from reception.
What public transport do you have nearby?
There is a bus stop right outside which goes to Mevagissey or up to St Austell. It runs a very regular service.
What time can I occupy my pitch?
From 12 noon.
When do I have to leave my pitch?
By 11am on the day of departure. Late departures will be charged at the full pitch price.
What disabled/accessible facilities do you have?
We have a accessible shower room.
Do you accept families?
We love families! We have three young children and hope to make your family stay a great holiday. There are toys to borrow, fields to run in and a lovely play area.
What time of the year is the site open?
The site is open from 4th April to 4th October 2020
Do you take group bookings?
We do, please telephone us to discuss your booking.
Do you take rallies?
We do, we have a dedicated rally field with electric hook ups, please call us for more details on 01726 843687.
What is the power supply to electric pitches?
The power supply to our electric hook-up points is 10 amps.
Do you have phone signal?
No, we have very limited phone network coverage.
Do you have WiFi?
Yes we do. However it can be slow at busy times and is not for streaming. You can purchase WiFi from ClubWifi.
Can I make changes to my booking once I have booked?
Yes you can, but due to the high number of changes some guests make and the considerable time this takes up we now charge an admin for each change.
Covid 19 Information
It is an every changing picture around Covid 19. Please be assured that Heidi is meeting daily (via the internet) with Visit Cornwall and key businesses to help influence governement and ensure the County recovers the best it can from this unusual time.
Here is what we know:
- We will open as soon as we can, we are optimistic the tourism sector will be one of the first to have the strict lockdown meassures eased.
- We do not have an exact date when we will open, please do not phone us asking for the opening date, we simply do not know. If we are in lockdown then please assume we are not open.
- When we do open we will have stringent cleaning procedures to our already exceptionally high standards to ensure everyone’s safety.
- We know that we need you. We are a small family business. We need you to book. Soon 2021 bookings will be opening, please help us survive this unusual time.
What if I have a booking?
- We have cancelled all April bookings.
- We await advice from Government about future bookings.
- If you have a booking and would like to move it then please do give us a call (be patient with us when you phone, we are also homeschool three children who are becoming more feral by the day!). All bookings can be moved within this season or into 2021.
- If you have a booking that you would like to cancel, but don’t know when you would like rebook for then please call us and we will leave all money on your account in credit. Please note if you are hoping to re book for September it is advised to book sooner rather than later as many people are rebooking their Spring breaks in September and it is getting busy.
- If you would like a refund we advice you go via your holiday insurance.