Rain is not on the horizon, and if I write this it is guaranteed to be sunny, hopefully anyway, so here are a few ideas for the odd rainy day you may encounter:
- Don’t moan. We cannot change it, but we can embrace it. Don your lovely wellies and take a stomp down the trail, pop into the The Ship Inn for lunch and a beer and head on back with the knowledge you have got some exercise.
- Catch the train to Falmouth and visit the Maratime Museum. A hit for all ages, and you can enjoy a nice lunch at the variety of lovely cafes around the square.
- This weekend when were in the middle of a monsson the girls and I treated ourselves to breakfast at Sam’s diner. The milkshakes are delicious and breakfasts to suit all.
- Head over to Newquay and visit the Aquarium, or even the zoo – the animals still come out in the rain!
- Take the Bodmin and Wentford Railway – the lovely old branch line is like a step back in time
Little Winnick News
You can now book for 2020, you can do so by calling us on 01726 843687.
Fancy a later summer break? We are offering 15% off all short breaks from mid August. Check out the tariff page for full details.
Caravan of Love News
Well, I can tell you there was not a lot of love at 4am, when Jessica, who turned 7 today decided it was time to start the day with her friend who was having a sleepover. Yes, that’s right 3 children in a caravan is not enough so we took in another!! I put her celebrations on hold until 6am – but most people I have checked in today will confirm I am a little muddled!! The girls still love our little baked bean can. Richard and I particularly like seeing who is our new neighbours each week – it is like our very own soap opera. We have had some wonderful days this week, blessed with lots of sun and long, laze evenings. We popped down to Carlyon Bay which was exceptional hot and another day we biked to Pentewan – perhaps a little too far for Bethany’s little legs – thank god for emergency Haribo to bribe her with!!